Hi there! This is Julia from All Things with Purpose
I want them for two primary reasons:
Children really want to learn…
Find the labels HERE!
Here are some category ideas:
1. Already Competent: Puzzles, Shapes, etc, things that are fun!!
2. Working to Learn: Picture books with small words. Things to count.
3. Introducing an Advanced Concept: For example, I want him to become familiar with coins. So, I throw in one coin in each busy box. Some days I pop by and tell him what it is. This is a quarter. Other days I may not, but he starts to gain familiarity.
Stay Away From:
Things that are messy!! Do not include paint or play dough. The whole idea of the box is providing something that they can do without you. I did include a notebook for him to write/draw, but I did not include crayons or markers in the bins because I have a central spot for markers and crayons. You need to decide if you trust your child with scissors or markers without you.
If in doubt, don’t include it.
Jude LOVES his busy box!
You may also like these other Preschool activities…
Have a great day and have fun! -Julia All Things with Purpose
- Red White and Blue Preschool Lacing Cards - June 27, 2015
- Mommy’s Helper Printable (Preschool Contributor) - April 25, 2015
- Fun Preschool Recipe Cards! (Preschool Contributor) - March 28, 2015
- Printable Chore Charts - February 28, 2015
- Valentine Play Dough Mats (Preschool Contributor) - January 31, 2015
- Preschool Contributor: Felt Name Tree - November 22, 2014
- Thanksgiving Printable: Handwriting Art (Preschool Contributor) - October 31, 2014
- Preschool Contributor: Printable Number Train - September 27, 2014
- Frozen Ice Painting (Preschooler Contributor) - August 30, 2014
- Preschool Contributor: Playing with Time - July 26, 2014
What a great idea~ Thanks for sharing!
Britni Vigil says
What fun ideas Julia, love it!