Hi Friends! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma here to share another fun and delicious dessert/treat idea, Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats to be exact 🙂
Most of us all love the classic marshmallow treats right? I take mine with double sprinkles 🙂 Today I wanted to share with you a little more dolled up marshmallow treats. They are the perfect fall treat. Add a little pumpkin and some spices and you have a whole new flavor. The pumpkin isn’t over powering in this recipe but definitely adds a more “grown” up flavor. I used both the regular rice cereal and the cocoa rice cereal so my treats weren’t over chocolatey ( is that even possible) but feel free to use all regular or all cocoa if you want.
4 cups rice cereal, half chocolate and half regular if you want
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin, I used Libbys
1 bag mini marshmallows
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and pumpkin and stir until marshmallows are melted. ( I like to leave a few bumps of marshmallow) Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in spice ingredients. Quickly add your rice cereal and stir until all mixed. Place in a pan and allow to cool completely.
* I will tell you that because of the extra moisture these marshmallow treats tend to be much softer and fall apart easier but are just as delicious! 🙂
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - November 14, 2015
- Savory Biscuits - October 10, 2015
- Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats - September 12, 2015
- Mini Lemon Donuts with Strawberry Glaze - August 7, 2015
- Raspberry Jello Delight - July 24, 2015
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015
Jake Tyler says
Wow, it looks yummy. For me, pumpkin is a perfect ingredient when fall is coming. Thanks for sharing this recipe!