Hi Sugar Bee Readers! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma here to share a simple and savory biscuit recipe.
These biscuits are extremely similar to the ones Red Lobster serves but can be made at home and quickly. Who doesn’t love a recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes. My boys loved these biscuits too! If you don’t want a savory biscuit you can always leave out the parsley, garlic and cheddar cheese and they will taste delicious with a slab of butter or some jelly on top. They keep well for a couple days in an airtight container.
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light butter
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. light butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt into a bowl. Chop butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. You can even use your fingers. Whisk egg and milk together in a separate bowl and slowly add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring as you pour, until dough is moistened and well-mixed. Add cheddar cheese and 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic. Drop dough by a spoonfuls and bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small frying pan, add the other 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add fresh parsley. Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture and bake for a few more additional minutes.
I easily halved this recipe and got 6 super moist and yummy biscuits!
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - November 14, 2015
- Savory Biscuits - October 10, 2015
- Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats - September 12, 2015
- Mini Lemon Donuts with Strawberry Glaze - August 7, 2015
- Raspberry Jello Delight - July 24, 2015
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015