Hey there Sugar Bee Readers! I’m Kilee from ONE little MOMMA. I blog about fashion for women and kids, home decor DIY projects and my family. I’m excited to share another fashion post with you this month.
Trends are tricky. They are fun, short lived and they come around again and again. They also require some customization. Anyone can wear any trend, as long as they make it their own. The neon trend this year is one that I find especially tricky for most women, including myself, to translate to real life.
I have never liked neon and like peplum and hi-lo skirts, I thought this would be a trend for me to pass on. But one morning towards the end of pregnancy I woke up with an inexplicable urge to paint my nails neon yellow. The ONLY thing I felt like doing that day was going to get a neon yellow pedicure (yes I am strange like that). Enter my issue with pedicures- they cost too much and I always think I could have done just as good of a job myself. So alas I did not go to the nail salon. I did however go to the grocery store and by some miracle guess what color I found for a mere $3? The neon yellow to make my dreams come true. (Find it here.)
There are a lot of colors that fall under the neon category, but neon yellow is the safest option. I don’t mind a little hot pink or possibly neon orange- but my advice is to stick with yellow. Also when you wear neon either choose one or two small accessories such as nail polish and a belt or one large item like a scarf or jacket. Very few people can pull off more neon than that in one look!
1. Striped b/w tee, white jeans, ballet flats
2. Chambray, white jeans, ballet flats
3. Nude blouse, white jeans, ballet flats
4. Graphic tee, white jeans, ballet flats
5. Chambray, camo, ballet flats
6. Striped b/w tee, camo, ballet flats
7. Nude blouse, camo, ballet flats
8. Graphic tee, camo, ballet flats
Have you embraced this trend yet?? I’d love for you to stop by ONE little MOMMA anytime for more- “How to Wear” posts like “How to Wear Camo“, “How to Wear White Denim“, or “How to Wear Denim Vests.” Thanks for having me!
- How To Wear the Color of the Year- Fashion Contributor - January 10, 2014
- How to Wear a Chambray Shirt This Fall- Fashion Contributor - November 8, 2013
- DIY Graphic Tee: Give Your Tee Some LOVE- Fashion Contributor - October 11, 2013
- 5 Tips for What to Wear for Family Pictures- Fashion Contributor - September 13, 2013
- Cargo Vest Tutorial- Fashion Contributor - August 9, 2013
- Summer Trend: How to Wear Neon- Fashion Contributor - July 12, 2013
- Tips for Picking Your Summer Purse (and Staying Stylish all Summer!)- Fashion Contributor - June 14, 2013
- How to Wear a Denim Vest- Fashion Contributor - May 10, 2013
- Toddler Lace Detail Top Tutorial- 3 Ways! - April 12, 2013
- Basic Shoe Wardrobe for Spring and Summer 2013- Fashion Contributor - March 8, 2013
Maria Eugenia says
great post! i dont have nothing in that color, but i really fall in love of the sandalls