Hey Sugar Bee Readers! I am Kilee, Mandy’s fashion contributor visiting from ONE little MOMMA where I blog about fashion for mommas and kiddos as well as fun DIY’s, trends, and more. I am excited to share a kid’s fashion DIY with you today that is super simple and easy to make your own.
Last year I blogged about this sweatshirt that I made for myself after seeing a similar one on a very cute girl at a conference I attended. I had some inquiries about how I made it and intended to put together a tutorial for it. As I got started I realized how cute it would be miniaturized!
One thing lead to another and today I have three darling version of this sweatshirt to share with you. Start with your basic sweatshirt. I picked up a new one for a few dollars in the baby section at Wal-mart. You don’t need much lace for any of these options so a small piece or some scraps of your choice of lace will work.
To make a replica of my original shirt, use a straight edge to measure and draw out your angled lines for the lace. I used chalk and made a mark at the collar and the bottom of the shirt to mark my section out.
The key is having the lines at the bottom of the shirt measure the same distance from each side of the shirt so that the angle is the same on each side of the lace.
Transfer your measurements to your lace and then use a rotary cutter and straight edge to cut your lines. I used scissors to cut the rounded collar out.
All that is left is to sew a basic straight stitch around the edge of the lace in white thread. You could also glue it down first, but one stitch around has held mine in place fine.
As I was cutting lace I realized how many more variations could be done with this same method! I just cut other scraps into different shapes and applied them in the same way!
I do have to say that I think this peter pan collar one is my new favorite- so darling! I love that this can also be applied to sweaters or knit t-shirts- the possibilities are endless!
I hope you’ll hop over to ONE little MOMMA for other fun basic and trendy tutorials and more- I’d love to have ya!
Thanks for checking out this post from www.SugarBeeCrafts.com – – click on over to read it in its entirety – you’ll love it!
- How To Wear the Color of the Year- Fashion Contributor - January 10, 2014
- How to Wear a Chambray Shirt This Fall- Fashion Contributor - November 8, 2013
- DIY Graphic Tee: Give Your Tee Some LOVE- Fashion Contributor - October 11, 2013
- 5 Tips for What to Wear for Family Pictures- Fashion Contributor - September 13, 2013
- Cargo Vest Tutorial- Fashion Contributor - August 9, 2013
- Summer Trend: How to Wear Neon- Fashion Contributor - July 12, 2013
- Tips for Picking Your Summer Purse (and Staying Stylish all Summer!)- Fashion Contributor - June 14, 2013
- How to Wear a Denim Vest- Fashion Contributor - May 10, 2013
- Toddler Lace Detail Top Tutorial- 3 Ways! - April 12, 2013
- Basic Shoe Wardrobe for Spring and Summer 2013- Fashion Contributor - March 8, 2013