It’s the most wonderful time of the year–felt ornament time!
Hello Sugar Bee Readers, it’s me, Nancy from www.dosmallthingswithlove.com back again to share a little felty craftiness with you. And since, at least where I am, the ground is covered with snow and the air is crisp I am in an ornament making sort of mood. And, I’ll be making my ornaments from felt, of course.
The ornament I will be sharing with you today, simple felt nativity ornament, captures perfectly the type of Christmas craft I love–it is easy, quick and it gets at the real heart and meaning of Christmas–the nativity. I work to make sure my home really rejoices and celebrates in the real and true meaning of Christmas.
So, let’s get crafting. As a first step, download and print THIS PDF PATTERN.
Once you have the pattern printed, here are the steps for making this simple felt nativity ornament.
- Cut out the felt pieces. As you will see on the PATTERN, there are only 3 pieces needed to make this ornament. The 2 pentagon pieces I cut from a pumpkin color. I cut the nativity silhouette out of a graphite color felt. I use 100% wool felt. Now, cutting the silhouette will be tricky, so I used the clear packing tape method of cutting felt, where you cut out the pattern and then tape it directly do the pieces of felt. The packing tape will hold the pattern in place, even as you make those detailed cuts around the nativity silhouette.
- Using permanent fabric glue, glue the silhouette onto one of the pentagons.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 3 inches long. Loop it around and glue it in place to that back of the front pentagon. Glue together both pentagon pieces so that the ribbon is sandwiched between.
- Using black embroidery thread, blanket stitch around the outside.
And done! It is ready to be hung, or you can take some fabric paint and add a date or inscription to the back.
I hope that your holiday prep is going well and that you are finding small ways to add a little homemade charm.
Thanks to Mandy for letting me, once again, stop by and share some of my felt love.
And, if you are looking for a fun felt project that requires a little bit more time, consider checking out my FELT NATIVITY SET PATTERN.
All the best,
- Happy Little Valentine Fish - January 9, 2015
- Simple Felt Nativity Ornament - November 14, 2014
- Felt Snowman Ornaments - October 10, 2014
- Lego Man Embroidery Hoop Art - September 12, 2014
- Bride and Groom Cross Stitch - August 8, 2014
- Felt Coin Purse - May 9, 2014
- Felt Fox Brooch - April 11, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Pouch - March 14, 2014
- Simple Felt iPhone Case - February 1, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Coaster - January 4, 2014
[…] feltro que tem ai na sua casa, ou até mesmo outros tecidos e uni-los com cola e ponto caseado. No blog Sugar Bee Crafts você encontra o DIY para fazer essa versão de […]
[…] Nativity Projects | Felt Nativity Ornament | Nativity Statue […]