Hello! It’s Nancy from Do Small Things with Love back with some felt fun!
And, well, I’m doing it–I’m sharing a Christmas Ornament–a Felt Snowman Ornament. I hope all of you out there is Sugar Bee Craft land don’t mind! I know I know, it’s not even Halloween. But, if you are like me and have little people constantly interrupting your best laid craft plans, I thought it might be nice to share a few Christmas ideas early–in the hopes that you find time to get them done before the holidays are upon us.
And plus, we’ve already had a touch of snow up here in Minnesota, so I feel like I have the green light to start Christmas crafting.
These little felt snowman ornaments are simple, sweet and a breeze to make. They combine hand embroidery and a few short cuts (hot glue) so in the end they have a nice crafty look without hours of work
Ready to make your own? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Felt Snowman Ornament Template
- White Felt
- Orange Felt
- Colored Felt for Scarf
- 2 Buttons
- Black Puff Paint
- White Embroidery Thread
- Hot Glue Gun
This is a pretty basic craft. The image below will guide you through the steps involved.
First of all, cut out two white triangle pieces (using this TEMPLATE) and a small orange triangle for the nose. Then,
1. Glue the nose down to one of the large body piece.
2. Next, take the black puff paint and add the eyes and the lines on the carrot nose.
3. Sew the buttons onto the tummy of the snowman.
4. Place the two body pieces together and using the white embroidery thread stitch all the way around the snowman–using blanket stitch–leaving the bottom open. When you have the two long sides stitched, fill the body of the snowman with poly-fill. Then stitch the remainder of the snowman shut.
5. Cut a long strip of colored felt for the scarf. Cut the end so it looks like tassels. Wrap the scarf around the neck of the snowman and use hot glue to attach it to the snowman.
And, there you have it! Simple, cute and quick! I am planning on making a little family of snowmen–one for each member of my family!
If you love felt ornaments as much as I do, check out these other projects–which all come with a free template!
Thanks, as always, to Mandy for having me!
- Happy Little Valentine Fish - January 9, 2015
- Simple Felt Nativity Ornament - November 14, 2014
- Felt Snowman Ornaments - October 10, 2014
- Lego Man Embroidery Hoop Art - September 12, 2014
- Bride and Groom Cross Stitch - August 8, 2014
- Felt Coin Purse - May 9, 2014
- Felt Fox Brooch - April 11, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Pouch - March 14, 2014
- Simple Felt iPhone Case - February 1, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Coaster - January 4, 2014