Hi Sugar Bee readers! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season and a happy new year! Can you believe that it’s the year 2015 already?! I wanted to get a little bit of a head start and share with you a super simple and delicious kids treat that is so fun for Valentines Day or any day—chocolate dipped apple hearts! I have a very picky almost 4 year old but one thing he has always loved is fruit and apples is one of his favorite.
Heart cookie cutter or cutter of your choice
Candy melts, color of your choice
Melt your candy melts according to the package or in the microwave at 30 second increments.
Cut your apple in 1/4 in thick slices and push your cookie cutter into the center of the apple slice.
Once you cut out your desire shapes out of your apple slices place them on a piece of wax paper and flash freeze them for about 5 minutes. This step is optional but I noticed the chocolate seems to set better when the apples are super cold.
Dip your apple shapes into the chocolate and add a few sprinkles for fun! Place back in the freezer or refrigerator until chocolate hardens- it should only take a few minutes. Serve immediately.
Here are some more fun Valentines ideas:
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - November 14, 2015
- Savory Biscuits - October 10, 2015
- Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats - September 12, 2015
- Mini Lemon Donuts with Strawberry Glaze - August 7, 2015
- Raspberry Jello Delight - July 24, 2015
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015
Apple Hearts! Yummy!! I want some please 🙂