What’s funner than Valentine’s? It’s Galentine’s! Because your friends really appreciate all the fun and crafty diy gifts you crank out – and this set of mugs is no exception. It’s a nod to those “Best Friend” broken heart necklaces we all had as kids – but now the grown-up version 😉 You and your bestie can know of your combined awesomeness every time you reach for your Besties Mug. This post is in collaboration with Michael’s and their Michaels Makers. Galentine’s Gift Besties Mug
So cute, right?!? Who would you make a set for? It’s almost February and love is in the air! From classroom – perfect projects to gifts for her galentines or her one-and-only, you can make it happen! Step up your Valentine’s Gift Idea list with this fun project.
Besties Mug, Valentine Gift Idea
–Blank Mugs – did you know that Michael’s has a whole new section of all these awesome blank things?! Mugs included! If you watch my IG stories, you saw how excited I was about it. Give me all the blanks!
–FREE Cut File – want the exact decal that I used? I have it as a FREE Cut file, just enter your email address down below at the end of this post.
–Scissors, Transfer Tape
Mug Decal Video Tutorial
Yep, it’s a video tutorial type of day!
So Fun, right?!
How to put Vinyl Decal on a Mug
- Cut your decal (I use a Silhouette Machine)
- Weed out the unwanted parts of the decal (here the word “besties)
- Here, cut the detail in half with a jagged line as shown.
- Put transfer tape over the top, rub to secure.
- Remove backer paper from vinyl – the vinyl is still adhered to the transfer tape.
- Place vinyl onto mug, press/rub firmly in place.
- Remove transfer tape. Voila!!
Fun, right?! A perfect Galentine’s Gift! Yeah for making Valentine’s Day fun!
If you love DIY mugs, you won’t want to miss these other ideas: