Way back in February I was super excited to buy this deal of a pattern bundle – and I thought I’d be cranking things out right and left. But I guess things got busy…. I had it all cut out and ready, for months, but finally got around to sewing it up – and it’s May. Better late than never 🙂
I used this AWESOME fabric I found at Walmart for only $1 a yard – – it’s burnout and fun. I almost wish it were even more see-through than it is (I thought you’d be able to see the tanks the girls are wearing underneath a little better – but oh well). But the trouble with the fabric – it’s so thin, it was a beast to work with. It kept rolling or gathering when it sewed,etc. The shirts should have sewn together really quickly, but I kept having trouble with the fabric. And I put a sleeve on inside-out. Twice. Ugh. But I got them done, and the girls (mine and the neighbor) we super excited to match. They loved the flow and drape of the top:
And they jumped at the chance for a mini photo shoot – – fun to have them so cooperative. It was actually snowing when I took these (in May – so crazy!) and they didn’t complain about being cold – model rockstars!