We all have stressors during the holidays and this month the Michaels Makers were asked to come up with creative and fun holiday hacks and tips to help relieve some of that stress and make holiday entertaining and prepping fun! We were given 5 common holiday hiccups to choose from and I went with DIY Gift Ideas – because you know I love a good DIY! And I went a step further and pulled together 5 Neighbor Gift Ideas that you’ll want to try yourself! This post may contain affiliate links in which we receive a small commission.
1. Banana Bread Loaf – so I think a loaf of yummy bread is a typical neighbor gift. What makes this special is the super awesome ceramic bread pan (similar to THIS ONE) – it has a cute fluted edge and come in several colors. I baked up the treat right in the pan, so when the gift is given, not only do they get a yummy treat, but an awesome bread pan to keep. Way better gift than the disposable pans.
2. Root Deer – these are a classic – my cousin’s go-to neighbor gift. It starts with a base of vintage root beer bottles. The craft supplies you’ll need are googly eyes, red perler beads (or red pom poms), and brown pipe cleaners, and some hot glue. Just glue the eyes and beads on, and then wrap the pipe cleaners to make them antlers as shown below. This gift is always a hit!
3. Wooden Nativity Statue – this is actually a neighbor gift I made a couple of years ago and you can find the full tutorial here: Wooden Nativity Statue.
4. We WHISK you a Merry KISSMAS – I love a fun play on words, and this makes a cute neighbor gift. I filled a whisk with candy kisses, wrapped it up and printed a tag from Happiness is Homemade. Love this one!
5. Personalized Glass Plate – – this kind of goes along with the bread pan idea – as you’re giving treats, give them a gift to keep as well. Again, I made these a few years ago, and you can find the full tutorial here: Glass Etched Plates – I grabbed etching cream and made personalized plates. Then when I delivered a plate full the treats, the gift was more than just the yummy goodies.