I am in love with this Wooden Nativity Silhouette – so simple, yet perfect.
I posted this on Instagram and it went crazy! Everyone wanted to know how to make it…if only I had realized that BEFORE I made it with no thoughts of doing a tutorial…
And I know it’s a little early in the year, but I wanted to post it now because it’s a great group craft project. I know lots of you might be planning a holiday craft for a group, so I wanted to get this idea out in front of you.
- 2″ x 2″ wooden board (1 1/2″ actual size) cut to around 8″ for Joseph
- 2″ x 2″ wooden board (1 1/2″ actual size) cut to around 6″ for Mary
- Wood rectangle about 1 1/2″ x 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- 1 1/2 unfinished wood balls
- Wood glue
- Wood plugs for Baby Jesus’s head
- Paint brushes
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to make a Simple Wooden Nativity:
- Paint all pieces, let dry
- Distress wood
- Glue on heads and let dry
- Cut out and attach shawl
- Glue figurines to one another and attach baby
- Tie with twine