I think this is one of the cutest signs I’ve made yet – I just love it! The Reindeer sign is painted so you can distress it and give it the look you’re wanting for a more rustic holiday vibe.
And I’ve got all the details on how to make one for yourself! We made these at my craft club and it was super fun!
This post may contain affiliate links.
–Cut File from The Smudge Shop, Reindeer Merry and Bright , HERE
–Machine to cut the cut file – I used my Silhouette Cameo
–Vinyl for the stencil – I get all of mine from Expressions Vinyl – great deal and super quick shipping
–Wood, already stained – I used a 1×12 board, cut to size 11×14. I stained it a day before my project. I also gave it a quick clear spraypaint coat of sealer.
Reindeer Sign VIDEO Tutorial
Your lucky day – I have a VIDEO tutorial:
Reindeer Sign Details
How to make a stained stenciled Board
- Stain board. let dry for days Or spray a light coat of clear spraypaint on top to seal the stain. This will help the stencil stick!
- Cut out your decal (I use a Silhouette Machine – love it!). Weed out the words and the background, leave the deer outline.
- Use transfer tape to move your stencil to your board. SEAL with a thin layer of mod podge, let dry.
- Mix acrylic craft paint with a little bit of water. Use to whitewash over everything. Use a paper towel to white off paint for a more whitewashed look. Layer as desired. Let dry.
- Remove stencil. Sand to add distressing.
- Place glue on nose and sprinkle on glitter.
- That’s it!!
I LOVE how sealing the stencil gives such crisp paint lines!
And that glitter nose is everything!
Have fun making one for yourself!