This post was sponsored by the Maker of OxiClean ™ through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about their Versatile Stain Remover, all opinions are my own.
When I think summer and kiddos, I think outside fun, white shirts and summer shorts, playing all day every day. And you know already that I have a big weakness for red white blue, so I wanted to whip up some fun play clothes for my niece and nephew. I know we all have a weak spot for Summer Handmade Clothes!
I love handmade clothes and I love when kiddos WEAR them – I would hate to make clothes and then worry about them getting dirty. So I know these will get worn, and out on our land there is LOTS of dirt that kiddos find their way to enjoy 😉 Which is no problem with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover. Have you tried it?? If not, you need to! It is a stain remover in a powder form that is activated when added to water (warm or hot water works best). Oxygen is released as bubbles that target the stains, rather than fabric, removing many tough stains on water-washable clothing- pretty cool, right?! I knew it would pair great with handmade clothes, no worries at all.
Grab your favorite pattern and mix and match fabrics for details such as pockets and trims. And think outside the box when grabbing that fabric – the gingham you see here was a discarded sheet from a garage sale – it made up into the cutest little boy shorts!
Ruffle hem is a fun way to add a hint of frill to play shorts without going overboard. Fold a long strip of fabric in half and gather the length until it fits around hem of each leg of the shorts. Attach at the raw edges, flip over, and top stitch into place so it doesn’t flip up. So cute!
So perfect for summer play shorts!
And OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is the perfect companion to those handmade clothes of summer – –
You can check out OxiClean’s How-to’s to see how to use it in detail. Some great tips are:
• Soak 1-6 hours, and for best results soak 6 hours – even the toughest stains get washed away!
• Always test OxiCleanTM on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse, allow to dry.
• Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or on fabrics labeled dry-clean only.
• Not for use on jewelry, latex paints, woven baskets, unpainted wicker, jute, teak, or finished woods.
• Metals must not be soaked and must be rinsed immediately and thoroughly.
• Not for use on rust, dried paint, or bleach damage.
• Safe for septic tanks.
• Follow manufacturer’s instructions for exact dosing and usage instructions
What do you want to keep fresh and clean? For me, handmade playclothes. But there’s so many other stories, such as precious baby clothes, tough sports clothes, couch cushions and many more. You can submit your own OxiClean stain stories at Dear OxiClean™!