Amy from The Idea Room introduced the theme which was JUST BE YOU (and we got these amazing necklaces from Amy Cornwell – check out her amazing site ) – her main point was that YOU need to find YOUR reason to blog – it’s different for everyone.
Then Tauni got up and spoke about Social Media tools – some things that I found important:
- Keep your presence where you readers are – you can’t do it all – (example: if most of them are on FB, then spend most your time on FB)
- Make your twitter and your FB feeds different – everyone likes a personal message, not just something coming from a feedburner
- KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE! create a survey and find all about your readers – age, favorite crafts, demographics, etc)
- Create a media kit – not just about your numbers, but about who you and your site are – include: things you’re great at, what sets you apart, number of pins on a certain post, info about your audience, etc.
- Make a monthly newsletter to send out via email to those who are interested.
- Know your WORTH – VALUE YOUR TIME! Charge for giveaways, get paid for advertisements , etc.
- Three ways to get paid: cash, product, social traffic
- Work with brands you would use yourself, not just brands that offer
Later that night we were the debut event for Velata – pretty ingenious – – use your current at-home Scentsy warmer, get a deeper warming plate, and it’s a fondue party!! The deeper plates and varieties of dipping chocolate are sold through Velata which is sold through Scentsy. Yum.
Melanie @ bear rabbit bear says
Cranberry Morning says
Sounds like a great conference! I think one of the tips for SEO was having a focus for your blog. Some of us live eclectic lives, so rather than crafting, gardening, or recipes, it’s pretty much the full spectrum. That does cause a problem with SEO I think.
I always enjoy your blog, Mandy, and the tips I learn here 🙂
Kassi @ Truly Lovely says
I definitely need a media kit! A survey sounds like a great idea too!
Cherry's Prairie Primitives says
Thanks for sharing all the valuable info you received!! I can’t wait to start working on some of it!!