Nap Rating = 1 nap
Tools & Materials
- Glass votive candle holders with smooth sides
- Vintage handkerchiefs (I used ones in red, white and blue for this holiday project, but you could use any you like. I also mixed in some votives I made with denim-blue origami paper)
- Flatbed scanner / color printer
- Outdoor Mod-Podge
- Foam brush
- Make a pattern of your votive candle by placing it on a sheet of plain paper and rolling it while you trace both the top and bottom edge. Cut the pattern out.
- Iron your handkerchief(s) to get rid of fold marks
- Place your handkerchief on a flatbed scanner, right-side down and scan the cloth. Print out the scanned image.
- Lightly trace your votive pattern onto your newly printed paper with a pencil. Cut out.
- Using the foam brush, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge directly to the votive holder. Place your printed paper onto the votive holder, smoothing it out as you go.
- Brush Mod-Podge on top of the paper. Let dry. Apply a second coat. Let dry.
- When completely dry, use scissors to trim any excess paper sticking over the edges of your votive.
I hope you like this simple red, white, and blue project! You may like some of my other projects: