I just love all things cute cactus! I’ve crocheted them, painted them, and even made one from an old toothpaste box 😉 . So of course, why not change a pumpkin into a cute cactus! And I have a quick tutorial for you on how to make a Cactus Pumpkin Craft.
Cactus Pumpkin Craft Tutorial
Can’t wait to show you how to make one for yourself! Here’s an image to pin so you can save the idea for later.
-pink faux flowers
First up, paint your pumpkin! I just simply used craft paint:
I did want a little dimension so I added 2 different shades of green.
Let dry completely. (Or if you’re impatient, you can try to speed things along with a blow-dryer. But warning, it might bubble up the paint a little).
Cutting Vinyl with a Paper Cutter
Did you know that you can hand-cut vinyl?! It’s true! You can use just regular scissors, you don’t have to have a craft cutting machine. You can also use a paper cutter, that’s what I did with this project.
I just cut slices off as you would with paper:
Then I cut the strips smaller to resemble cactus needles. Then simply pull the back off the vinyl as you would a sticker.
It’s that easy to cut vinyl with a paper cutter!
Cactus Pumpkin Assembly
Take all the vinyl pieces and place them randomly over the pumpkin to resemble needles.
Use hot glue to attach pink faux flowers to the top of the pumpkin cactus.
I then placed it in a dish and voila, done!!
Pumpkin Craft Ideas with Vinyl
- Hello Pumpkin from Lemon Thistle
- Glowing Eye Pumpkin from Persia Lou
- Cauldron Candy Holder from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Rainbow and Clouds pumpkin from Lydi Out Loud
- Monogram Pumpkins from Printable Crush
- Fabric Pumpkins from Sew What Alicia
- Trick or treat yourself from See Lindsay
- Folk art pumpkin from The Craft Patch
- Spiderwebs pumpkin from Girl Loves Glam
- Cactus pumpkin from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Boo Spiderweb from a Girl and a glue gun
- Rainbow hearts from Happiness is Homemade
- Sloth pumpkin from That’s What Che Said