I love any excuse to make a festive treat! And what I really love is when they’re super simple to make – these are no exception. Every time I make rice crispie treats I wonder why I don’t make them more often – they’re SO easy. And this Simple Patriotic Treat Idea is just basically layers of rice crispie treats – easy peasy.
They were a big hit! And so yummy! This post may contain affiliate links.
Simple Patriotic Treat Idea
–butter, marshmallows, rice crispie treats (see recipe below)
—treat sticks (I can’t remember where I got mine, but here’s another option I found)
Red White Blue Patriotic Rice Crispies
For each layer:
-3 Tablespoons butter (so 9 total)
-1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows (3 bags total)
-5 cups of rice crispies (15 cups total)
- work one layer at time. mix each color batch separately.
- melt butter and marshmallows in a pot. Add food coloring at this point.
- turn off heat and stir in rice crispies
- press layer into 9×13 pan and let cool slightly while mixing the next layer.
- press next layer directly on top of first layer. repeat with 3rd layer.
- if desired, press sprinkles onto the top layer.
- cut into squares and push a treat stick into each square.
- wow all your friends and family 😉
Have fun making your own Simple Patriotic Treat – Red White Blue Rice Crispies Dessert.