Today, I’ve got a super quick and super simple recipe for holiday parties, potlucks, and goody gift plates.
I’m Krista and I run the crazy circus at While He Was Napping. You’ll find all kinds of things there – from recipes and craft projects to date night ideas, things to do with the kids and fun printables. I’d love to have you over for a visit.
My husband and I both enjoy baking – I do the sweet treats and he handles the breads and such. We also enjoy giving gifts during the holiday season, but gifting can get expensive quickly when you have a long list. We often turn to goody plates for our friends. My husband once put it this way, “Who doesn’t like goodies? And it’s not something you have to find a place for later. Enjoy it and be done with it.” I may have silently added “and schedule another work out at the gym…” but I couldn’t disagree with the idea.
Who has hours and days to spend baking candies and goodies though? I don’t, not with two little boys wreaking havoc on my house and trying to climb the walls while I watch the candy thermometer. So, here’s some variety in minimal time.
– Mix the brownie powder, milk, applesauce, butter and eggs until it’s well combined. Bake in a lightly greased 9×13″ pan according to the directions on the box. Usually it’s 350F for 25-35 minutes or so. You can make your brownies from scratch, but I just use the box since it’s so much faster.
– Let the brownies cool completely. In a time crunch? Try setting them outside or in the fridge or freezer after then pan cools down (NOT right after you take them out of the oven! You’ll mess up your pan!) to help speed things along. Cut when cool.
– When the brownies are cooled, melt the peppermint kisses in a microwave-safe dish on high in 30 second intervals. Stir the melted chocolate between each interval to help with even heating. Don’t over heat.
– When the Kisses are melted, drizzle thin lines over the brownies. Make it all pretty with a little design or just fling it on there… it will all taste delicious. Let the chocolate set. If you end up with extra chocolate, don’t throw it out. This stuff is amazing on popcorn.
– Carefully, cut the chocolate drizzles and serve. Makes approximately 24 brownies or 48 brownie bites.