Hi, I’m Jade from Jonesin’ For Taste and I’m on a mission to make amazing food on my family’s limited food budget. Today I’m here to show you how you can have a quick and easy treat to share at those holiday parties that takes just a little prep. This apple spice caramel is a festive take on caramel and is amazing as a dip for apples, marshmallows, popcorn, or crackers. I love how easy it is to throw together and how my kids can easily help me with it. And it is amazing how much caramel it makes. So make sure you plan on sharing this with friends because it is a lot to eat all by yourself- just saying.
- Apple Spice Caramel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (optional)
- Granny Smith apple slices
- Marshamallows on a stick
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir really well and microwave for another 2 minutes. Add vanilla, apple pie spice and salt (if using) and again stir really well. Caramel sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Wait to dip anything in the caramel until it has cooled a little but is still warm. Marshmallows especially will melt if they are dipped in the caramel while it is still really hot.
Thanks to Mandy for allowing me to share with you all. I hope you’ll stop by and visit me over at Jonesin’ For Taste. And if you like simple recipes that have that wow factor check out my Shortcut Fish Tacos and Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Carnitas.